Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Temple Fork Hike

Last night the YM/YW went on a hike up to Temple Fork in Logan Canyon. This is the area where the church got the lumber to build the Logan Temple. It was a beautiful hike which followed the creek the entire way! When we finally reached the site of the old saw mill we built a fire and roasted hotdogs and marshmallows and listened to stories about when the saw mill was in use and about the construction of the Logan Temple. On the way back the kids all wanted to run (energized by the sugar rush thanks to the marshmallows I think...). I'm just glad that it was all pretty much down hill otherwise I don't think I could have kept up with them. Whew! With girls camp a month away I'm beginning to think I need to do some serious preparation in order to keep up with these little hyper balls of energy!

No comments: