Monday, November 12, 2007

Root Canal

I have some advice to offer. Make and keep regular checkups with your dentist. It has been about 3 years since my last visit. Anyone who knows me, knows that I hate going to see the dentist. I put it off and end up suffering for it. So when I chipped a molar this past summer that is exactly what I did. It would ache from time to time but I never once considered going to the dentist to get it fixed. That is, until last week when I was in so much pain I could hardly think straight! I called and they got me right in to do an emergency root canal. Even though I was numb up to my eyebrows, I could tell the moment he had gotten the last nerve removed. I felt sooooo much better!!! Only thing is, now the other side is hurting almost as much, which means I'm heading to the chair again. Matt asked me the other day if I had learned my lesson? Um, that would be a "yes". I will be a regular - every 6 months for cleanings and checkups from now on.

No comments: