Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sugar n Spice



My friend Janna, who owns Sugar 'n Spice (a home decorating store up here in Cache Valley) is having her HUGE anniversary sale. It started yesterday and will end this evening. A couple of weeks ago she asked me to help her advertise for the sale. So I found some music from the Beach Boys, "Surfin Safari" and our friend, Leslie re-wrote the lyrics. We then recorded the vocals in my studio (thanks to my new toy, CD-2e it was soooooo much fun!). I ended up doing a solo on one of the takes and anyway, long story short - I'm on the radio!! It's been playing all week on a few different local stations. Kind of cool - but they tweaked it a little at the stations and I sound sort of like a chipmunk. But oh well!!

Be sure to check out the sale today if you are up here. She has a TON of stuff outside in the tent that is 50% off! I had to go twice yesterday and plan to go again this morning just to make sure I don't miss anything! It's a Hawaiian Luau, so if you dress up (put a lai of flowers around your neck) you will get a 40% off coupon as well. She always goes all out for these sales and has free snow cones, bottled water, cake, lai's, and prizes for everyone that comes!

No comments: