Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thoughts

I have been thinking a lot lately about how blessed I am in my life. It is amazing to me how much love and support I recieve from my family and friends. Tuesday night while I was at New Beginnings I listened to one of my friends speak on the value "Good Works". She is such a reflection of that!! Last summer when I was in the depths of morning sickness, she showed up on my doorstep with a care package. She hardly knew me back then, and couldn't possibly have known how sick I was. But she felt inspired to visit me. She brought me a bunch of things that would help fight off my nausea. I was so touched by her thoughtfulness! It was a simple thing for her to do, but it meant the world to me. I am realizing the value of true friendship and I am so grateful for all those who have blessed my life with theirs! I have also realized that moving away didn't diminish my relationships with friends and family that were left behind. If anything, it has strengthened and deepened over the last year. I have loved being able to email, talk on the phone, visit and BE visited... I often forget that I am so far away. I am also grateful for the opportunity I have had to meet so many wonderful sisters up here. You all are such terrific examples of love, support and acceptance - thank you for that!! I also am so thankful for my family and Matt's family. We both have been blessed with loved ones that are always there for us no matter what. We are so lucky to have such wonderful parents, siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews... that offer their unconditional love and support. Not to mention that they are a fun bunch of people to be with and we always look forward to our time together! Thanks so much to everyone - especially over this last month with the birth of Shelby. So many phone calls, emails, visits, gifts... (I will never get caught up on all my Thank You cards!) I am so grateful for all of you. Thank you for being such wonderful blessings in our lives!
Last, but not least, I have to express my gratitude towards my amazing and loving husband. He always makes me feel loved and beautiful even when I have bloodshot eyes, messy hair and throw-up on my shirt. He never fails to support me and give encouragement. His unconditional love is a strength that keeps me going on those bad days (friends that just had babies you know what I am talking about!) I am reminded daily all of the reasons that I fell in love with this man and I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to spend eternity with him. I love you sweetie! Thank you for being who you are and for loving me!!

No comments: