Monday, May 5, 2008

A good weekend...




Thursday the kids and I headed down to Payson to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa. They are getting everything cleaned and ready so to speak, for when my dad starts his chemo treatments. (For those of you who do not know, my dad was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in March. In layman's terms he has bone cancer. He is being treated by the top doctors at The Huntsman Cancer Center in SLC. He will be undergoing chemo and stem-cell transplants over the next few months. We are very optimistic about his treatment options and are praying for his remission.) They ripped out the old carpet and we helped re-paint their living room. Because we (my dad, Chris and I) were so good and efficient it took no time at all. So we decided to paint the front hall as well. This is where things got a little tricky and we learned that 1) door jams are harder to paint, and 2) in confined spaces you WILL get paint on your clothes. Oh well! We had fun and it turned out great!! That night Shelby entertained Grandma and Grandpa as she showed off her newly discovered voice! It was so cute to watch her get all excited and gurgle, giggle and coo! She is such a sweetheart!!

Saturday Matt, Shelby and I headed down to Manti for Matt's nieces wedding. It was a beautiful day and so neat to share that with them!! We drove to Richfield for their luncheon afterwards and had such a nice visit with everyone. We drove back to my parents that evening and made it just in time for a chili dinner in the backyard with the entire family. It was a wonderful weekend and I was so sad to have to leave!! I can't wait to see everyone again next weekend as Matt and I look forward to our sealing in the Logan temple!

1 comment:

Brenda Lee said...

Love the pictures!! Made me want to cry! Love you!! Brenda